Wednesday, January 28, 2015

It's almost time...big updates of 3rd Tri progress

The end is in site, in more ways than one! And I am ready to embrace all the change that is coming my way.

Work…including today, I have 8 more work days before Maternity Leave begins. To say I am counting the minutes is probably an understatement! I love my job, love my co-workers, but I am in desperate need of a break from the crazy- and am fully aware that I am embarking on a trip to a different kind of crazy ;). This year has seemed more whack-a-doo than previous years, but maybe that is just my burdened patience? My awesome co-workers are throwing me a Sprinkle today, which is beyond sweet and I am just excited for the time with my people before I leave for an undetermined amount of time. I love these people- I spend a ton of time with these people and they are a great group of supporters and friends. 

At the current moment, Jason and I have not determined a return date to work- or if there will be one. We are taking things month by month over the next several. I already have July off as a standard, so that will be a pivotal time for me to determine what my Fall will look like. I am hopeful that I can continue my leave for the duration of the calendar year, though all I have guaranteed at this time is the rest of the academic year.

Home…we are in the final stretch of construction! The room is almost ready to paint, needs HVAC installed and the electrical completed (after paint) and then carpet goes down next week! I am thrilled! It seems like my first maternity leave project will be setting up our room and cleaning out our old room to convert to the nursery. My only major goal before baby arrives is getting the bassinet out of storage, cleaned and beside my bed ready for BB2. Beyond that- everything else can really come in due time.

Baby…I am 35 weeks today. I have my last ultrasound on tomorrow to check baby’s position, size and make sure everything is all good for delivery. I am far enough along that if I were to go into labor right now, they would not stop it. That is terrifying, yet thrilling! Such a bizarre combination of emotions to experience simultaneously, but I think a feeling you begin to embrace as a parent. I believe every aspect of parenthood can be both thrilling and terrifying, but without question, I would say the most rewarding adventure I have ever been a part of. My children are my entire world, even when in the throes of Jaxon’s 4th temper tantrum of the day, he  is just an amazing little person to me and I cannot wait for him to meet with little brother!  And he seems excited for his brother to arrive (as much as he can possibly understand at his age), and that makes my heart full.

BB2- our lovely nickname for our son who has yet to be named. It is so bizarre to me- we are weeks away from his birth and have NO clue what his name will be! Jaxon was named at 16 weeks! We picked names for both a boy and girl right away, then once we learned of his 'boyness', we wavered on actually sticking to the boy name! So, nothing. We have a few options, but nothing that we agree on. I fully expect that he will be named upon our first meeting, and not before. I am OK with that.

Sprinkle….it’s almost here and I am so excited!! My family is throwing me a mini shower to celebrate baby and I am so blessed and excited for it! I had decided early on, once we learned it was another boy, that I would not have a second shower- really no need. We have nearly everything from Jaxon and basically only needed consumable items.  But along the way,  between several friends and family members asking every so often when we were having a shower, I finally decided- hey, why not?? Every baby should be celebrated! So thankful each of them wouldn't take my ‘no’ for an answer. ;) My SiL is helping with decorations and I am excited to have her be a part of the planning process {Thank you, Victoria!!<3} with my mom, grandma and sister.

I will try to post another update after I am done with work and have some more progress with everything to share.  After that, I suspect my posts may be very few and far between until I can get a handle on my new life!


XoXo- Ladylewy

No comments:

Post a Comment